Advent is a season that speaks softly to me, encouraging me to listen, observe, and reflect in quietness. My daily ritual is to light a candle in the darkness of each Advent morning, read aloud a poem or quotation, then sit quietly.
From November 28-December 24 , I will share a piece of writing that I have collected or written, which resonates with my own spiritual journey at this time of year. I hope that their words may be resources for your Advent practices. If you have Advent rituals and/or writing to add, I encourage you to leave them in the comments section for the rest of us to read.
Peace in this time of waiting and discovery.
Twylla

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent - Day 12

Waiting, Waiting
Tired of Waiting!

Flip the channels
Text the ex
Order out
Log in
Sleep

Waiting, Waiting
Too much waiting!

Brew the coffee
Watch the watch
Work more
Rest less
Eat

Waiting, Waiting
Sick of waiting!

Pacing
Drumming
Thumbing
Tapping
Stewing
Fretting
Fumbling

Wait!

For Whom do you wait?

I forget.

-- ©2010 Twylla Alexander

                               Photo taken in Pokrovskoye-Streshnevo park -- Moscow, Russia
                                                 Twylla Alexander, December 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment