Advent is a season that speaks softly to me, encouraging me to listen, observe, and reflect in quietness. My daily ritual is to light a candle in the darkness of each Advent morning, read aloud a poem or quotation, then sit quietly.
From November 28-December 24 , I will share a piece of writing that I have collected or written, which resonates with my own spiritual journey at this time of year. I hope that their words may be resources for your Advent practices. If you have Advent rituals and/or writing to add, I encourage you to leave them in the comments section for the rest of us to read.
Peace in this time of waiting and discovery.
Twylla

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"In Our Midst"

"What a waste it is to be surrounded by heaven, by a sky 'made white by angels' wings' and to be unaware of it.  Perhaps the first step is that we really should want to unearth God in our midst. . . [to] let the mundane become the edge of glory, and find the extraordinary in the ordinary."-Esther de Waal 
"To find not perfection, but possibility."-Nora Gallagher 

 -- Quotations taken from "Advent" chapter (p.27) in Things Seen and Unseen, A Year Lived in Faith by Nora Gallagher
                                     Photo by Twylla Alexander, June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment